link to Home Page

Planet X: the JIM (let-them-drown) SCOTTI Object [3]

In thread Re: Planet X: Why Sarah Mac FAILS
In Article: <b0jth8$ha5$1@oasis.ccit.arizona.edu> Jim Scotti wrote:
> If your fictitious object orbits the sun every 3600
> years as you've stated, it can't get farther than about
> 470 astronomical units from the sun which means it
> should never get fainter than 20th magnitude if it is as
> you describe it.

    Is this why the IRAS team, in 1983, had to go ABOVE
    the atmosphere to get a peek?  Couldn't see it well
    enough from the observatories on Earth?  Couldn't
    see it without infrared equipment?  Because it would
    be SO VISIBLE TO AMATEURS?
        ZetaTalk™

From existing ZetaTalk:

    Planet X does exist, and it is [Sitchin's] 12th Planet,
    one and the same. When first sighted via infrared
    readings and reported by the IRAS team in 1983, the
    IRAS findings were taken in many ways by the human
    scientists reading the reports, and thus they cast
    many interpretations on just what [Planet X]'s infrared
    reading might imply. Infrared heat can be taken to
    mean many things, depending on distance, size, and
    composition of the object being sensed. A very hot
    object far away can be comparable to a barely warm
    object near at hand, or a very large object far away
    can be considered to be a smaller object close at
    hand, and as the compression caused by the mass of
    an object is considered to produce infrared rays, then
    a very heavy but cold object could be considered
    comparable to a lighter but warmer object. The
    scientists reading the IRAS findings took ... Planet X,
    to be larger, colder, and farther away, as the mind
    does not want to comprehend the alternatives. When
    first sighted in 1983, it was on the right hand side of
    Orion, as viewed from your northern hemisphere. It
    will first move left and up toward the elliptical plane
    as it nears the Earth's Solar System for its passage,
    as though to assume a place with the other planets
    in the Solar System, at this point being slightly to the
    left of Orion. In 1998 it will veer right, moving toward
    Taurus and Aries, assuming a retrograde orbit, and
    will come up through the plane as viewed from above
    the elliptical plane, in its first passage.
        ZetaTalk™, Planet X
            (http://www.zetatalk.com/science/s58.htm)

        Path as Viewed from Earth
            (http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword03h.htm)

And the infamous Dec 31, 1983 Washington Post FRONT PAGE article!

  Washington Post
  Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
  31-Dec-1983

    A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet
    Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would
    be part of this solar system has been found in the
    direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting
    telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical
    satellite. So mysterious is the object that astronomers
    do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby
    "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a
    star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the
    process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so
    shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its
    stars ever gets through. "All I can tell you is that we
    don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS
    chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion
    Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory
    for the California Institute of Technology said in an
    interview. The most fascinating explanation of this
    mystery body, which is so cold it casts no light and
    has never been seen by optical telescopes on Earth
    or in space, is that it is a giant gaseous planet, as
    large as Jupiter and as close to Earth as 50 billion
    miles. While that may seem like a great distance in
    earthbound terms, it is a stone's throw in
    cosmological terms, so close in fact that it would be
    the nearest heavenly body to Earth beyond the
    outermost planet Pluto. "If it is really that close, it
    would be a part of our solar system," said Dr. James
    Houck of Cornell University's Center for Radio
    Physics and Space Research and a member of the
    IRAS science team. "If it is that close, I don't know
    how the world's planetary scientists would even
    begin to classify it." The mystery body was seen
    twice by the infrared satellite as it scanned the
    northern sky from last January to November, when
    the satellite ran out of the supercold helium that
    allowed its telescope to see the coldest bodies in
    the heavens. The second observation took place
    six months after the first and suggested the
    mystery body had not moved from its spot in the
    sky near the western edge of the constellation
    Orion in that time. "This suggests it's not a comet
    because a comet would not be as large as the one
    we've observed and a comet would probably have
    moved," Houck said. "A planet may have moved
    if it were as close as 50 billion miles but it could
    still be a more distant planet and not have moved
    in six months time.
        (http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword26c.htm)