link to Home Page

Re: ZetaTalk Gravity: Insight or Insanity?

In Article <f4aad97f.0108102129.44e799b5@posting.google.com> Quantum Certainty wrote:
> Also, I visualize the force exerted by the repulsive force (per
> your description) as a bell curve - i.e. the force engages an
> object more and more with distance thus exerting more
> force to a point where the force exerted falls off. Is the
> falling force due to the dimished velocity of the repulsive
> particles, the dimished density (since they are spread out
> over a larger region of space), or both?

    Both.  We use the imagery of two fire hoses pointed at one
    another.  The water flow from such a hose is high pressure
    (velocity), as the stream is to reach to the top of buildings,
    optimally, and carries a lot of water (density) so as to put
    out the fire.  If the firemen holding these two hoses stand
    close together, they had better have their shoes nailed to the
    floor, as the PUSH BACK (Repulsion Force) is strong.
    Moved further apart, they find a couple things changing,
    so holding the hoses is still difficult, but the push back has
    reduced.

    1. the water pressure (velocity) in the stream has reduced
       due to spray to the side as well as straight ahead, relieving
       the pressure

    2. the water stream has spread to the sides, and increasingly
       as water is lost in spray, the amount of water (density) is
       reduced.

    So do marketers of fire hoses explain the different in pressure
    at 10 feet, 100 feet, 1,000 feet?  A bell curve is a handy
    visual measure.  It would be a bell with a flat bottom, and
    sharp curve at the sides.  Very sharp.  And the walls on the
    sides would hardly rise, in that there is NO further progress
    once an equilibrium has been reached in the downdraft and
    upblasts.  The object coming together are in a standoff.
        ZetaTalk™