link to Home Page

Re: ZetaTalk and Spaceguard UK (D8)

In Article  <9jvdv8$s04$4@sevenofnine.peak.org> Greg Neill wrote:
> If the Moon would not be torn apart by the increased
> gravitational attraction, then it could orbit at the
> distances you mentioned.
>
>> The elephant and the mosquito, side by side!  NO problem
>> whatsoever!  If this is the rule of the Universe, per your
>> flawless math, then we should indeed have these types
>> of arrangments out there.  DO we?  Give me an example
>> of this type of near-touching orbits of large mass objects!
>
> There are near touching orbits in space. There are various
> binary suns that have such orbits. They are so close together
> that mass from one sun is stripped off and pulled to the
> surface of the other sun.

And how far are they apart?  How far are they KEPT apart, by the
Repulsion Force.

If the mass is pulled from one to the other, then the gravity attraction
is strong enough to do this.  So why doesn't the second star just merge
with the first?  One part of the star is honoring Newton and abiding by
his laws, while the other is not?  Why is the mass moving from one star
to the other, if the centrifugal force is strong enough to keep it in
its orbit?