link to Home Page

Re: Planet-X' Highly Ludicrous Cover-Story?/Re: Planet X: ...

In article <slrn9krq97.okl.danco@pebble.org>, danco@pebble.org wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2001 17:13:23 GMT, josX <joshb@mraha.kitenet.net> wrote:
>
>> Another interesting thing that fits conviniently into this: Orion,
>> strange gassy planets on...read it for yourself!
>> http://www.rense.com/general4/rogue.htm:
>
> 1,200 light years away in a gas & dust cloud rich area where new
> stars are forming.  Nowhere near our solar system and not at all
> similar to the environment around our solar system.  This is a
> fit for what?  Nothing anywhere near our solar system...
> - Dan

No? How far away is it argmental-wise, when you have these objects
"every-where":

        "It's an area that has a high concentration of stars, and they
         are homogenously distributed within the cluster - one
         star, one brown dwarf, one planetary mass body, one star,
         one brown dwarf, one planetary mass body and so on,''
         Zapatero-Osorio said. Many stars in our own galaxy, the
         Milky Way, may have formed in a similar manner to the
         Orion stars, she said. So there could be similar, hard-to-see
         planets floating around free near the Solar System."

!

AND, who said it needed to be in the solar-system. We got the "red KBO's"
*there* already ...

        "They said they found a planet-rich region - near a star in the
         constellation Orion - where stars, brown dwarfs and large,
         gassy planet-sized objects all exist without the discipline of a
         solar system."

Nice description of Planet-X characteristics: brown-smoldering-dwarf/planet.
Relatively close in the sky: Orion, Orion respectively.

        "Instead of orbiting neatly around a central star, they drift
         along in a loose collaboration, the team of Spanish,
         American and German researchers report."

Planet-X does not orbit a central star neatly, it floats from one to
the other.

        "They look like giant gas balls,'' Maria Rosa Zapatero-Osorio of
         the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena (Caltech)
         and of the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias in Tenerife,
         Spain, who worked on the study, said in a telephone interview."

Planet-X looks fuzzy.

        "Usually, researchers predict that a planet exists by looking for
         its gravitational effects on a nearby sun. Most planets
         outside our solar system are far too dim to see using
         visible light. But Zapatero-Osorios' team actually saw
         the objects they describe.

They SEE the objects, where planets are only recently discovered
/indirectly/ ? have I missed something?

Did they "see" them so they could come up with the characteristics that
match Planet-X ?

Jos