link to Home Page

Planet X: SLOWING Rotation 1

In Article <7dwS6.4837$Ke.875097@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> Nancy Lieder writes:
>> He is saying that the Navy statistics give a nice proper
>> day/time period between full moons, 29.5 days apx
>> between a full moon on Jan 1, 1999 PM to
>> Jan 31, 1999 AM.
>>
>> But then on Feb 28th there is a full moon!
>
> Incorrect; can't you read what it says?  It specifically
> states "waxing gibbous", not "full".  In reality, full
> Moon was on March 2 UT (March 1 PST).

Gibbous, per Webster, is "of the moon or a planet: seen with more than
half but not all of the apparent disk illuminated".  So 98% Gibbous is
essentially a full moon.  This man is saying that the full moon is
coming EARLY here, not according to the Navy stats, so that something is
wrong with the stats.

In Article <7dwS6.4837$Ke.875097@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
>> ONLY 28 DAYS AT MAX. ...
>> A short month?
>
> Incorrect; every four years February has 29 days. ...
> a problem with your reading comprehension

You must have been scratching your nose there, Dave, and not paying
attention.  My reference to 28 DAYS AT MAX is that is this man's
statement about "98% waxing gibbous" could not be more than 28 days, not
29, certainly not the 29.53 that is the average spread between full
moons.