link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: TIDAL WAVES Recorded

In Article <ZiCM6.7394$n81.2588978@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> What makes you think a pole shift is responsible?
> An asteroid impact can produce a tidal wave.

Probably true, and you've boggled little me, so I'm handing this to the
big guys ...

    There is a DIFFERENCE in the type of wave that
    would be caused by an asteroid, and that caused by
    a sloshing ocean during a pole shift.  During a pole
    shift, the crust of the Earth rapidly moves a quarter
    turn or more, in strong shifts attempting to do a half
    turn as the core is doing a complete flip, dragging
    the reluctant crust with it.  As anyone carrying a
    saucer of soup knows, the soup and the saucer do
    not always move as one.  If the saucer moves
    suddenly, the soup may stay behind, slopping.  The
    soup is free to move or NOT move, where the saucer
    is attached to the hand of the server.  The oceans of
    the world are pooled where the crust has offered a dip,
    but during a pole shift, when the crust suddenly
    MOVES under it, slopping likewise occurs, with the
    waters not dragged with the core as is the crust, which
    is attached to the core.  What happens to oceans which
    are thus lifted out of their beds, and pushed up over
    land higher than that from which they came?

    Tidal waves are often shown as rising high, a
    tower of water crashing down upon hapless humans
    standing in horror on a beach.  Where a wave
    generated by an underwater displacement, such as
    occurs when plates adjust due to subduction during
    an earthquake, will roll in a deadly line of pressure
    until the shore is reached and then rise UP when the
    depth of water is reduced as the wave rolls up the
    beach, this does not occur when the whole of the
    ocean is on the move.  It is rather a flood tide, as the
    oceans are climbing out of their beds, into HIGHER
    ground, so the leading edge is the highest point of
    the wave.  In Tsunamis, a single line of pressure
    moves through the ocean, transferring water
    pressure rapidly from the quake point to where it
    must stop, at land, thus finally crashing upon a
    beach. During a pole shift, there is no single line
    of pressure, the ocean AS A WHOLE is on the
    move because it stays behind while the crust moves,
    and thus rolls up on land onto the coastline being
    pulled UNDER it.

    This is a flood tide, with the lip of the water being
    its highest point, rising like a silent tide endlessly
    on the rise, the wave rolling inland without a
    crashing back and forth, just a steady progressive
    inundation.  To those at the mercy of such a flood
    tide, their first thought is to climb above the tide.
    Soon they are standing on the highest point they
    can reach, and still the water, flowing inland
    steadily, rises.  Afloat on a boat or flotsam, they
    will be dragged inland with the flow until a reverse
    slosh begins, the water flowing back into its bed
    but in the nature of water during a slosh,
    overshooting this other side so that BOTH sides
    of the ocean experience this flood tide, alternately,
    for some days until the momentum diminishes.
    When the flood tide recedes, those afloat are in
    danger of being dragged far out to sea with the
    flow, as the water will rush to its bed unevenly,
    more rapidly where it can recede the fastest.

    Waves caused by an asteroid crash are akin to
    what children see when they drop a boulder
    into a pond or puddle.  As with a Tsunami
    caused by a subducting plate, where the water
    is under great pressure at a certain point and
    transfers this pressure in a line in the direction
    it was first thrown, the boulder will cause a
    sudden line of water pressure AWAY from the
    impact point.  That water rising directly upward
    drops quickly to the surface, the splash.  But
    the water within the pond moves the line of
    pressure outward, visible only as a ripple on the
    surface of the water until the edge of the pond
    is reached where it becomes a lapping wave.
    Asteroid generated waves are thus tall, crashing
    upon the shore.  Whale bones on mountain tops
    well inland were NOT lifted by Tsunami waves,
    nor carried inland atop such a wave.  A whale
    would not be close enough to the shore to be
    caught in such an occurrence.  They arrived at
    these inland mountain tops because the ENTIRE
    OCEAN was moving, and they could not escape
    the momentum.  Thus caught, they were
    deposited in rocky crags where fast flowing
    waters moved quickly away from them through
    cracks, too tight a squeeze for the hapless whale
    left floundering behind.
        ZetaTalk™