link to Home Page

Planet X: TIDAL WAVES Recorded

This was under the Re: Planet X: MAY Coordinates thread.

In Article <k2ZK6.5182$n81.2052981@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> Nancy Lieder writes:
>> I've located a second source regarding sea level's having dropped apx
>> 3,600 years ago.
>
> Did they say anything about tsunamis being responsible for
> deposting these things at higher elevations?  This theory has
> been around for a while.

Whale bones on mountain tops?  And other such evidence of gigantic tidal
waves, yes. Don't be on the coastline when the pole shift is about to
happen.

    Geo Science
    Tsunami Along the South Coast of NSW

       The first event probably occurred concomitantly with the
       rise of Holocene sea-level near modern levels around 7000
       BP. ...  The impact of these tsunami upon the coastal
       landscape has been profound. Several signatures provide
       estimates of the magnitude of run-up of these events. The
       height to which chaotic mixes of sediment and imbricated
       boulder stacks have been deposited and the height of
       headlands that have had a smear of clay, sand and shell
       plastered across them give general estimates of the run-up
       height. The elevation of eroded landscape features on
       headlands gives information about the depth and velocity
       of flow. The presence of sand laminae and splayed sand units
       within deltaic sediments permit the landward limit of
       tsunami impact to be determined. This geomorphic
       evidence indicates that the largest tsunami waves swept
       sediment across the continental shelf and obtained flow
       depths of 15-20 m at the coastline with velocities in
       excess of 10 meters per second. Along cliffs, and especially
       at Jervis Bay, waves reached elevations of 40-100 m with
       evidence of flow depths in excess of 15 m. Preliminary
       evidence on the Shoalhaven delta indicates that waves
       penetrated 10 km inland for at least one event. ... Finally
       bedrock sculpturing features have been identified on the
       islands of Hawaii and along the east coast of Scotland.
       The latter location is within the zone affected by the
       tsunami generated by a large submarine landslide near
       Storegga, Norway also 7,000 years ago.

    Earth in Upheaval, Whales in the Mountains

       Bones of whale have been found 440 feet above sea level,
       north of Lake Ontario; a skeleton of another whale was
       discovered in Vermont, more than 500 feet above sea level;
       and still another in the Montreal- Quebec area, about
       600 feet above sea level. Although the Humphrey whale
       and beluga occasionally enter the mouth of the St. Lawrence,
       they do not climb hills.

    Worlds in Collision, The Tide

       The slowing down or stasis of the earth in its rotation
       would cause a tidal recession of water toward the poles, but
       the celestial body near by would disturb this poleward
       recession, drawing the water toward itself. The traditions
       of many peoples persist that seas were torn apart and their
       water heaped high and thrown upon the continents. The
       traditions of the people of Peru tell that for a period of
       time the sun was not in the sky, and then the ocean left
       the shore and with a terrible din broke over the continent.
       The Choctaw Indians of Oklahoma relate: "The earth was
       plunged in darkness for a long time". Finally a dark light
       appeared in the north, "but it was mountain-high waves,
       rapidly coming nearer". According to the Lapland epic,
       after the sea-wall fell on the continent, gigantic waves
       continued to roll and dead bodies were dashed about in
       the dark waters.