link to Home Page

Re: Planet X/12th Planet Cover-Up

Article: <6k3upn$eac@sjx-ixn6.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Planet X/12th Planet Cover-Up
Date: 22 May 1998 13:32:39 GMT

In article <6jraft$nau@pmgm.Stanford.EDU> John Ladasky writes:
>> How to tell a coverup.  First there is a much trumpeted
>> search, with pictures of the equipment being hoisted aloft,
>> interviews of the scientists, diagrams, reasons for the
>> hulabaloo, and then a stunning front page article about
>> the discovery of a brown dwarf floating just outside the
>> outer boundary of the Solar System, perhaps on the MOVE!
>> Then the hush, for all this time, with barely an article 5
>> years later giving a tepid and silly excuse for why the
>> whole search was mis-guided in the first place.
>
> A planet nobody can see, under the gravitational influence
> of a brown dwarf that is similarly invisible, in an orbit that
> requires a complete rewrite of physics.

Well, and the coverup is on the move!  Look at the latest!  Not only
does NASA not want you to LOOK, they don't want you to talk about it if
you DO!  Marsden may have pointed to Orion, in fact to the same place
in the sky that the Zetas have been pointing to for over two years:
http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword03h.htm
when he blazed across headlines with his original announcement about
1997 XF11, but NASA wants you to STOP TALKING about it if you do.
Check with them first, so they can explain to you what you are seeing.
You can trust them.  They're the same NASA that withholds images from
space and only doles them out to buddies with the Principal
Investigator excuse, as though these buddies had paid for the Hubble
and the missions instead of the tax payer.  They're the same NASA that
STOPPED giving you direct images of explorations in space, for no good
reason.  It's your tax dollars.  Are you paying them your good money
for them to withold info from you?  This is the job description?  Now
they'll have you witholding from each other!  Big brother will explain
just what it is you saw up there!

CCNet DIGEST, 18 May 1998
"THE SECRETS OF ASTEROID PERIL" - BRITISH MEDIA SMELLS A RAT
From Benny J Peiser <b.j.peiser@livjm.ac.uk

In DEEP IMPACT, the world is kept in the dark about an approaching
comet for almost a year by the American and Russian administrations - a
n d  the scientific community. Nobody in the DreamWorks movie seems to
be bothered about this year-long cover up. One only wonders why the
news is broken in the first place (other than for dramaturgical
reasons) before the Messiah mission lifts off. Yet in the real world of
NEO politics, journalists aren't as restrained and understanding as in
the movies (thank goodness). A report in London's DAILY MAIL on Friday
openly accuses the astronomical community in the US of trying to cover
up important scientific data on NEO research - at least until NASA has
the final word (and who is to say that 'earth-shattering' information
would not be kept secret for more than two or three days if the US
administration were to follow the DEEP IMPACT scr
ipt).

Despite many inaccuracies in the DAILY MAIL's news story, I have
attached the article below. It shows that NASA's hasty and
ill-considered attempt to politically control scientific research and
the way NEO related data is allowed to be reported by NASA-funded
astronomers (i.e. all American NEO researchers) can easily backfire. It
would appear that NASA's failure to widely consult with the scientific
community has led to an own goal. Instead of protecting the integrity
and trustworthiness of scientific and astronomical research, the
interim procedures cast a dark shadow over the openess of science in
the US.

It is essential, I believe, that NASA and the world's main scientific
institutions will come to an international agreement on these matters
in due course if further damage to the integrity and openess of
scientific research is to be avoided.

Benny J Peiser

DELAYED IMPACT, OR THE SECRETS OF ASTEROID PERIL
From the DAILY MAIL, 15 May 1998
Mail Foreign Service

If a giant asteroid is hurtling in the general direction of our planet,
we will be the last to know about it. For astronomers have decided that
the news would be too earth-shattering for ordinary mortals to handle -
and likely to cause widespread panic. In a week that sees the release
of the film Deep Impact - a fictional account of just such a
catastrophe -  astronomers funded by the American space agency NASA
have now agreed to keep asteroid and comet discoveries to themselves
for 48 hours while more detailed calculations are made. The findings
would then go to NASA, which would wait another 24 hours befor going
public.

 The new procedures aim to avoid causing a repeat of a doomsday alert
in March when astronomers reported that the asteroid 1997 XF11 could
collide with Earth in 2028. That apocalyptic prediction was soon found
to be a mistake and there was virtually no chance of any such impact.
The new interim procedures are not an attempt to hide anything but to
make sure the information is accurate, claimed scientist Donald Yeomans
of the Jet Propulsion Laboratoy, whose calculations helped dispel the
fear that 1997XF11 was headed straight for Earth. 'It is an attempt for
the small scientific community that tracks these objects to build a
consensus, to determine if an asteroid is a threat,' he said.

Some scientists question the new push from NASA, saying quick action
from astronomers is needed to determine an asteroid's danger. 'I don't
think one should be secret about these things,' said Brian Marsden, the
director of the International Astronomical Union [sic], which made the
announcement about 1997XF11's projected collision with Earth. 'I think
the public would be unhappy,' he added.

(C) 1998 Daily Mail