link to Home Page

Re: Challenge to Jim Scotti

Article: <6ht5u7$h41@sjx-ixn11.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Challenge to Jim Scotti
Date: 25 Apr 1998 17:19:03 GMT

In article <3540E0CC.4D6F@spammers.of.the.world.unite.etc> M.C.Harrison
writes:
> But the body you describe is flawed in another way. You say
> 23 times the mass, and four times the size. If by size you mean
> diameter, or apparent width, then the body has 64 times the
> volume of earth but merely 23 times it's mass. This can't happen.

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
You are assuming a consistent core, when everything you know about
non-gasseous planets screams otherwise at you.  You have a solid core,
or so you assume, surrounded by magma.  You have divided your magma
into layers, each with a different consistence, a different mass to
volume ration.  NONE of this is consistent.  How can you be so silly as
to make the above statement?  We have stated that this planet is a
smoldering brown dwarf, emitting light from its deep ocean rifts.  This
obviously implies a magma of a different consistency than the magma of
earth!
(End ZetaTalk[TM])