link to Home Page

Re: Zacharia Sitchin

Article: <6haehr$jm3@dfw-ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Zacharia Sitchin
Date: 18 Apr 1998 14:49:31 GMT

In article <1998041805104900.BAA17538@ladder03.news.aol.com> Randomity
writes:
> Could someone please present me with a cogent argument either
> in support of or against the concept of a 12th planet with a 3,600
> year elliptical orbit.

The best argument is in the geological evidence that our Earth
presents, in 3,600 periods, approximately.  Velikovsky has collected
and presented many of these in his book Earth in Upheaval.  Where many
attack the messenger, throwing all Velikovsky's insights out when fault
can be found with anything he said, these scientific studies he quotes
were NOT done by him, and stand on their own merits.  For instance:

 Earth in Upheaval, pp 227-229, Extinction

Many forms of life, many species and genera of animals that lived on
this planet in a recent geological period, in the age of man, have
utterly disappeared without leaving a single survivor.  Mammals walked
in fields and forests, propagated and multiplied, and then without a
sign of degeneration vanished.  A considerable group have become
extinct virtually within the last few thousand years.

The large mammals that died out in America include all the camels, all
the horses, all the ground sloths, two genera of musk-oxen, peccaries,
certain antelopes, a giant bison with a horn spread of six feet, a
giant beaverlike animal, a stag-moose, and several kinds of cats, some
of which were of lion size.

Animals, strong and vigorous, suddenly died out without leaving a
survivor.  The end came, not in the course of the struggle for
existence - with the survival of the fittest.  Fit and unfit, and
mostly fit, old and young, with sharp teeth, with strong muscles, with
fleet legs, and plenty of food around, all perished.  They died as if a
wind had snuffed life out of all of them, leaving their cadavers, with
no sign of degeneration, in asphalt pits, in bogs, in sediment, and in
caverns.