- Signs of the Times #55
- 'U.S. mortgages in foreclosure climbed to a record high in the first three months of 2003 as job losses and personal bankruptcies forced
more people out of their homes, a mortgage industry group said on Friday [Jun 20]. Home loans in the process of foreclosure climbed to
1.2 percent of all mortgages in the first quarter, beating the previous high of 1.18 percent set in the fourth quarter of 2002, the Mortgage
Bankers Association of America said. Mortgages entering the foreclosure process rose in the quarter to 0.37 percent from 0.35 percent in
the fourth quarter.' http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16479-2003Jun20.html
- Signs of the Times #54 (via email to Nancy)
- Yesterday [June 18] at 6:15AM I got this picture from the volcano cam page, and on it these target="_top">2 Objects. Don't know what it is. See the water
ship below and the 2 objects in the sky. [Note: UFOs have increasingly been reported on or around volcanoes, an apparent warning sign.]
- Signs of the Times #53
- Space Weather News for June 21, 2003, http://spaceweather.com, 'The sun will reach its highest point in northern skies today, June 21st, at
3:10 p.m. EDT (1910 UT). This marks the beginning of northern summer and, at precisely the same moment, southern winter. Solstices are
usually poor times for aurora watching. Curiously, though, the weeks leading up to today's solstice have been filled with Northern Lights.
Since late May auroras have appeared as far south in the United States as Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin ... even Virginia.'
- Signs of the Times #52 (via email to Nancy)
- In the draft returned to the EPA by the White House, the sentence, Climate change has global consequences for human health and the
environment was cut and replaced with, The complexity of the Earth system and the interconnections among its components make it a
scientific challenge to document change, diagnose its causes, and develop useful projections of how natural variability and human actions
may affect the global environment in the future. Apparently attempting to hide the true picture of environmental changes.
- Signs of the Times #51 (via email to Nancy)
- AP, June 19, 2003, Art Bell, King of Late Night Talk Radio Art Bell, who haunted late night radio dials around the world for years with a
special zeal for topics ranging from aliens to the supernatural, has passed away after suffering from a heart attack at his home in Pahrump,
Nevada at age 58. Art was born June 17th, 1945, the son of a Marine Colonel father and a Drill Sergeant mother. ... In 1999, Art Bell left
the airwaves for a few months in a veil of mystery and speculation. ... Art returned again from retirement February, 5th 2001, but left
commercial radio permanently in late 2002. [Note: this is rumored to be a hoax, as it has not appeared on the AP web site. Email inquiries
to Bell have received a response, and he has been heard on his ham radio broadcast.]
- Signs of the Times #50 (via email to Nancy)
- This morning [Jun 20], I noticed that the big, old tree across from our house (which has always been full of leaves all summer) seems to
have many dead branches and some sections cleared entirely of leaves. When I walked for the morning paper, I noticed lots of trees have
large patches (usually near the top) of plain, bare branches where no leaves are growing. I live in a suburb just south of Chicago. If this
continues, things are going to look very weird soon.
- Signs of the Times #49 (via email to Nancy)
- Local news [China] told that,on June 13th, the water color changed to golden yellow, in one night, in the newly build reservior (aslo the
biggest one in the world) Three Gorgeous. You can look at the picture pasted on the website, the color is actually red.
- Signs of the Times #48 (via email to Nancy)
- The moon, last night [Jun 18] in addition to being 3 hrs late rising since the 15th, rose an additional 1-1/2 to 2 hours later last night. Also it
was a 3/4 moon and was shaped more like a football (convex) as the southern (lower right 3/4 ) was mis-shapen in an un-semetrical way. It
has appeared this way (mis-shapen) since the 17th, as well as projecting a red glow. [and later, from another] The moon has barely
progressed [Jun 19] from the same spot in three days (full moon is visible in mornings).
- Signs of the Times #47 (via email to Nancy)
- I live in the UK. My satellite TV for the second day running has lost its signal. It went down at 7.30AM this morning and is yet to return
(8.40AM). Sky TV normally reliable, there is a lot of cloud cover but hardly unusual for England.
- Signs of the Times #46 (via email to Nancy)
- A friend, who resides in Salt Lake City, told me her boyfriend's grandfather clock gained 19 minutes (which he says is impossible) and also
his wristwatch gained 16 minutes. He thinks that they are changing the time [setting the atomic clocks back to match rotation slowing] on
the weekends, as no one pays attention to time that much then!? [Jun 19]!