Got a new Nostradamus book for Christmas and there are several translations that seem to fit the coming changes. The book is Nostradamus, the New Revelations by John Hogue
- Quatrain 67 in the first book:
- The great famine which I sense approaching will often turn (up in various places) then become universal: It will be so vast and long lasting that (people) will grab roots from the trees and children from the breast.
- Quatrain 98 in the Fifth book:
- At a latitude of 48 degrees at the end of Cancer(July 22) there is a very great drought. Fish in the sea, river and lake boiled hectic, Bearn and Biggore (Southwest France) in distress from fire in the sky.
- Quatrain 83 in the ninth book:
- The sun in 20 degrees Taurus(May 10th). There will be a great earthquake; the great theater full up will be ruined. Darkness and trouble in the air, on the sky and land. When the infidel calls upon God and the saints.
- Quatrain 69 in the first book:
- The great mountain, one mile in circumference, After peace, war, famine, flooding. It will spread far, drowning great countries. Even antiquities and their mighty foundations.
- Quatrain 3 in the second book:
- Because of heat like that of the sun upon the sea, the fish around Negrepont (modern day Evvoia) will become half cooked...
- Quatrain 51 in the ninth book:
- Against the red ones religions will unite...
- Quatrain 67 in the tenth book:
- A very mighty quake in the month of May, Saturn in Capricorn. Jupiter and Mercury in Taurus. Venus also in Cancer, Maris in Virgo: (at that time) hail will fall greater than an egg.
- Quatrain 30 in the fourth book:
- For eleven more times the Moon will not want the Sun. Both raised and lessened in degree. And put so low that one will sew little gold; that after famine and plague the secret will be revealed.
- Quatrain 48 in the first book:
- When twenty years of the Moon's reign have passed Another will take up its reign for 7,000 years. When the exhausted Sun takes up its cycle and gathers up its days then my prophecy and threats will be accomplished.
- Quatrain 96 in the fifth book:
- The rose (color) upon the middle of the world scene... to speak the truth they will have closed mouths. Then at the time of need the awaited one will come late.
Needless to say, the author has a much different interpretation than say, our group would have. This is what makes it tough for a prophet. Everyone colors it their own way. The author does talk about the documented movement of the magnetic pole towards India!
- Quatrain 28 in book eight:
- The imitations of gold and silver will become inflated which after the rape are thrown into the fire, after discovering all is exhausted and dissipated by the dept. All scripts and bonds are wiped out. (Could be 1929... could be 1999?)
- Quatrain 5 in the sixth book:
- A great famine through a pestilent wave. (It) will extend its rain over the length of the arctic pole, Samarobrin, one hundred leagues from the hemisphere, they shall live without law, exempt from politics.
- Quatrain 90 in the fifth book:
- In the southern Balkans and all of Greece, a very great famine and plague through false dust. It will last nine months through the whole peninsula(Italy) as of Peleponnesus (Greece).
The summer of 1999 seems like a time to lay low. Between what's been on our list serve and the following Nostradamus quatrain:
- Quatrain 72 in the tenth book:
- In 1999 and seven months the great king of terror will come from the sky. He will bring back to life the king of the Mongols. Before and after the God of war (and of transformation) reigns happily.
- Quatrain 81 in the eighth book:
- A great kingdom will remain desolate, near the they will be gathered in assemblies. The Pyrenees mountains will console him when in May (spring) there are great earthquakes.
The author talks about 5 quatrains "Nostradamus refers to sudden violent natural phenomena occurring spring - particularly in the month of May. No allusion is made to the year of these events". He also refers to the sun or moon appearing to stand still and turning blood red in color, but doesn't cite the quatrain that gives him that impression.
Offered by John.